Re: Perkins Prima M50 Transmission ratio

Aras Grinius

Thanks Michael.
Aras
Sharki #163 1988

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 4:35 PM michael winand via groups.io <mfw642000=yahoo.com.au@groups.io> wrote:
I went with the 2.45 tmc with a beta 60. Using the auto prop.
I would ask beta what they suggest.
Michael  Nebo sm251

On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 at 4:58 am, Aras Grinius
Would anyone know the transmission ration for a Perkins Prima M50 engine with a Hurth transmission gear ratio?  My prop measure 19".
I'm replacing my engine with a Beta Marine 50 and TCM 60 Tranny (2:1) gear ratio.  To the best of knowledge this should be fine....unless someone has other info.

So with a new engine painted red, I should be faster!  Alot faster than I am now.....

Aras Grinius
Sharki #163 1988

--
Aras Grinius