Re: Self Insurance

Aras Grinius

My insurance expires in June, so I too would be interested for my Sharki.
Aras Grinius
Sharki #163 1988

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 5:11 PM Nat Bossett <nbossett@...> wrote:
Pantanaeus gave me reasonable notice that they were pulling out of the
USA market (and have been otherwise pleasant to work with, I'd contact
Lisa in their NY office again), but this was in the height of COVID here
so working with a yard and surveyor to get things done for the standard
insurance companies would have been a hassle bordering on unmanageable.

I did find one that would handle it on short notice without an
additional survey (and at a reasonable price!) though the cruising
limits are tiny.  I really don't blame them for that even though the
limits are almost comical because I pretty much asked them for liability
coverage and said that given COVID I didn't plan to really go anywhere
far from my California USA slip for a year anyway so quote me
something... and they did.

An owner's association plan would be interesting.  I'd be interested to
see how something like that can be structured (neutral underwriting and
claim processing).

-Nathan

Maramu #29

--