Re: Problem dismantling the main furler worm gear box

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Victor.

I have found that the end cap holds onto the bearing more that the housing. I have found heating with an ordinary  heat gun helps with both the disasembly and the reasembly.

Danny

Sm 299

Ocean Pearl

On 10 March 2021 at 09:12 VICTOR MOLERO <victor.moleroxx@...> wrote:

Hello all.
I have also dismantled the gearbox of the main's furler because it made a horrible sound and finally didn't have enough strength to move the furler. Now I have the gearbox over my table, and I am not being able to loosen the bolts that hold the side cap that covers the horizontal shaft coming from the motor. So I decided to follow another path by loosening the bolts that are underneath to get out the vertical shaft that actually moves the furler; these bolts came out nicely, but there's no way I can move the cap. Can anyone provide any tip, recommendation or saint to pray to...
Thanks in advance.
Victor
SM#314 Alendoy