Re: Stern tube hose

Steve Leeds

I finally found the hose in England with difficulty.  Not easy to find.  They sell it by the inch so you can get exactly what you need.  Others sell the what looks like the same material but only in 4 inch lengths which is probably too short as mine is 5 1/2 inches long with a cutout for the grease injector.  I much prefer to keep the simple old fashioned stuffing box although packed with Teflon packing rather than flax.  With grease injection it never leaked at all and can be tightened if necessary although it almost never requires it.

T Norris marine propellers