Re: asymmetrical spinnaker

PAOLO CUNEO

One year ago, I installed a Code Zero. I wanted to do without a bow sprit and after a lengthy discussion with the sailmaker ( North ) and the rigger, we finally decided to use, as attachment points, the central roller for the bow and the small aluminium nose at the Masthead end, adding an external halyard.
I was afraid that the rolled Genoa and the rolled Code zero would sit too close for safe handling but, as it was, they resulted perfectly parallel, at a safe distance and worked impeccably, The attachment to the central bow roller is the simplest thing: a dynema closed loop doubled around the roller and blocked by a common shackle to the stay sewn into the Code.
Also the reefing line is a closed loop, brought back to the cockpit and, via a block on the rail, to the electric primary which, giving us (aged couple), the. pleasure of an electrically operated furling and unfurling
Bests,
Paolo Cuneo
SM 454 Whisper

Inviato da iPad