Re: asymmetrical spinnaker

Alan Leslie

We had a "Code Zero" with the same setup, but lost it in unpredicted bad weather in Vanautau some years ago - actually it was my fault, should have taken it down before setting off, but we live and learn.
Now we have an asymmetrical spinnaker with a snuffer which attaches at the foot in the same way as the code zero, but no furling lines.
The hoisting halyard is the same, through a block on the front of the mast head.
We snuff it behind the main when running off and then drop the sausage and put it away.
Very simple, and an awesome sail when reaching, in conjunction with the mizzen ballooner.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437