Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Anchor Locker

I want to issue a small and maybe insignificant warning about venting the chain locker inside the boat.

Judy and I were aboard someone else's SM several years ago who was venting his chain locker into the boat. Judy is very sensitive to respiratory issues. She had a serious reaction to the mold that was being vented out of the chain locker and into the boat. I know this is fairly rare, but if you or someone aboard has ever had a reaction to airborne mold spores, please do not do this. It took a long time to clear this up.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 10:12 AM Craig Briggs via groups.io <sangaris=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Another option for keeping the chain locker vented - louvered cover. Switch back to original solid one when passage making.
Inexpensively done by local cabinet maker.

--
SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL