Bonding and Solar Power System

Adam Body

This post is a continuation of the recent discussion about the rudder post and galvanic protection system. I have discovered that the two green wires that had been disconnected from Flora's bonding system (at the rudder post) are the earth wires from the solar array/panel frame at the stern and from the solar charge-controller/battery charger.  It seems that these wires should and must be connected to an earthing point, so I am at  loss as to why they would be disconnected.  Was it an oversight? Does anyone have some experience on earthing their solar array frame and the associated controller?
--
Adam Body "Flora"   SM128 Annee 1994