Re: Electronic technician to Repair Onan PCBs

Stefan,

I contacted GeneratorPanels.com by phone. Unfortunately, they do not repair the "Intelligent PCBs" most of us have. They referred me to FlightSystems.com. I contacted them. They do offer board-level repair, but if the memory chip is damaged they cannot repair the board because the software is proprietary. Therefore, they have deemed the boards we have in most SMs and later models as unrepairable.

I only had the Onan part 327-1533 which was from a late model SM. I would like to ask them about an Onan PCB prior to about 2000. I think this one may not have software controlling the board. It did not have a diagnostic circuit, but simply a "Fault Light" and reset button. If someone could give me that Onan part number, I will pursue the possibility of repair with Flight Systems.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 12:31 PM Stefan Jeukendrup <sjeukendrup@...> wrote:
Hi Bill

I have no experience with this company below, a search brought this up:
http://www.generatorpanels.com/onan.asp

If all else fails I too could help out with pcb repair to component level.

Stefan Jeukendrup
sv Malaka Queen
sm2k #348  @ Gulluk Turkey