Re: Galley sink drain

Joerg Esdorn

Thanks for the post, Alan.  Good to be able to think about potential improvements if we cannot sail or even realistically plan sailing soon.   I am considering installing something similar on my A55 but the pictures are not clear to me since I’m not familiar enough with the SM.  How is the exit hose from the tank run - which seacock does it use?   I think it would be preferable to have a macerator pump deal with what goes into the tank so there is no issue with the usual kitchen residue like coffee grounds and, indeed, pasta going down the drain.

cheers Joerg

A55 #53 Kincsem
On the hard in Vigo, Spain