Re: New Thread on A54 fridge pumps (ATTN: OLIVER Vela Nautica)

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Scott,

Thanks for the info. I’ll contact Oliver – I did meet him a couple of years ago in the Algarve and he certainly knows his stuff! Unfortunately we won’t be back on the boat in Grenada until later this year – Covid has certainly worked havoc with our place recently.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott SV Tengah
Sent: 19 March 2021 20:15
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] New Thread on A54 fridge pumps (ATTN: OLIVER Vela Nautica)

Paul,

I was able to do it, so it can't be that hard :) 

It will take you a day to set up and requires a Windows computer to configure the software for the pump controller and interface between the Frigoboat interface and the pump controller. Point, click and load files. I would reach out to Oliver - he's a bit busy with a new child, but he will respond eventually. I can't speak for him, but I think he's intending on making a ready-to-install solution. That will probably make it easier to implement. I have no commercial interest in this nor do I want any.

I wanted to get it early because I "only" had a few remaining flojet pumps aboard. And being in the South Pacific and hearing about Garulfo waiting months to get a new pump, I wanted a better solution ASAP. If you do it yourself, you'll need to get a bracket made to mount the motor and pump head, but that was simple and cost me $20 - it's just a bent piece of aluminum. Aligning the motor to the pump head was the most difficult part, but I did it with a cordless hand drill and a dremel. I'm sure the metal shop could do that part for you, too.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 4:38 PM Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

I would also be interested in getting this new pump. I haven’t followed this thread in derail but I do seem to recall that it was custom built, so would this be a problem for the “lay” owner?

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott SV Tengah
Sent: 19 March 2021 18:55
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] New Thread on A54 fridge pumps (ATTN: OLIVER Vela Nautica)

Hi all,

I cannot comment on longevity yet because I have not run the brushless for longer than six months, which was my average lifespan of the Amel Spec'd Flojets. Time will tell but so far the energy savings has continued and the freezer definitely is colder. Earlier I had to keep the freezer at MAX and now I have it set at 4-5 and more of the food stays frozen. Same climate (French Polynesia) and same amount of food in the freezer.

FYI I run the two galley fridges and the saloon freezer at all times.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 3:42 PM Courtney Gorman via groups.io <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Yes wonderful Oliver and Scott I am very interested in the new pump.  Eagerly awaiting more details 

Cheers 🥂 

Well done 

Courtney 

Trippin 

54#101

On Mar 19, 2021, at 9:37 AM, Stefan Schaufert <mail@...> wrote:

Hello Oliver,

how long did these pumps last with you so far? 
How is it possible (for laypeople) to get these pumps (ready for use)?

Best regards
Stefan
A54 #119 Lady Charlyette, currently Exumas

--
Scott 
2007 A54 #69
SV Tengah
http://www.svtengah.com

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--
Scott 
2007 A54 #69
SV Tengah
http://www.svtengah.com

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.