Re: Searching for outdoor, motion activated 24V LED light for stern arch

Scott SV Tengah

Robert,

Have you tried this light? Seems the sensor only works if you put your hand right in front of it. In other words, it wouldn't detect someone climbing on your transom.

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 3:22 PM Robert Giroux <rg@...> wrote:
Oops, sent wrong item.  5" Motion Sensor RV LED Porch Light Fixture Security Marine Boat Utility 12v 24v Motorhome Camper Van auto Semi Truck Travel Trailer Bed Overland Water Proof Heavy Duty Interior Exterior https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07685N5WR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8VMKEG9EQNQYVJYX6CZH?psc=1

Regards,

Robert Giroux

(202)262-5828

On Mar 21, 2021, at 10:20 AM, Robert Giroux <rg@...> wrote:

 I think this meets most requirements, it’s for RV/boats:

OZ-USA Exterior Interior LED Porch Light Fixutre (5 inch-Touch Switch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHBFF6Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_5B8BF4YKC74XS0WEN68D?psc=1

Regards,

Robert Giroux

(202)262-5828

On Mar 21, 2021, at 9:35 AM, Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

Hey Amelians,

I figure someone has found/installed a motion-activated 24v LED light. We would like to have it there so that when we dinghy back at night and hop on the swim step, the light comes on for say, 30 seconds. That's the primary use but, of course, it would function as a security light, too.

A few more features I'd love to have:

- IP68 waterproof or better
- Mounts easily on 2 inch / 5cm stainless tubing
- Wide enough sensor coverage so the light will come on if you step anywhere on the stern. But not so sensitive that waves trigger it.
- 24v as I have that wiring in place, already. Solar would be ok, too.
- Only comes on if it detects motion at night.

Anyone find/install anything that meets these requirements?

Thanks!

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69