Re: Searching for outdoor, motion activated 24V LED light for stern arch

Matt & Michelle Day, SM#208 SV Talia

Scott,

Michelle and I will be doing something similar in the near future.  In addition, I would like to add the ability to turn on the mizzen light on command as well, upon return to the boat.

We are looking at moving to a digital switch to perform both functions.  With the digital switch we can use any marine light we want, and use a remote (key fob, garage door opener, etc) to carried with us on the dinghy.  Simple tap into switched 12/24V, a little programming of the relay, and routing to device.

I think it cleaner than dealing with motion sensors on a moving vessel.

Matt