Re: Depth Sounder Replacement in a SM 2000

I think all of the B&G Hydra depth transducers installed when SMs were new were 38mm.

B&G makes a 51mm 2" depth transducer that is also forward looking sonar. Something to think about with a new B&G System

image.png
image.png

Your wallet might suffer. But I know I would love to have this with a new B&G suite.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 1:36 PM Matt & Michelle Day <charlesmatthewday@...> wrote:
Chris,

I cannot speak to your hull number (we need Bill's expertise).  We are hull number 209.

The AMEL installed transducer at the fwd head is 38mm diameter.  The new transducer (DST810 and DX900) is 51mm diameter.  I refuse to leave the old thru hull, so I will oversize the exiting for the new install.

Matt
SM209 Talia