Re: Searching for outdoor, motion activated 24V LED light for stern arch

Ian Townsend

We have a motion activated solar light on the arch. It works well. However, the motion sensor is sensitive. You must ensure there is nothing back there to constantly trip the sensor. If you keep your dinghy in the water overnight then the sensor can be activated by the dinghy itself or the davit lines.

Ian & Margaret
Loca Lola II
SM153

On Mar 21, 2021, at 9:35 AM, Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

Hey Amelians,

I figure someone has found/installed a motion-activated 24v LED light. We would like to have it there so that when we dinghy back at night and hop on the swim step, the light comes on for say, 30 seconds. That's the primary use but, of course, it would function as a security light, too.

A few more features I'd love to have:

- IP68 waterproof or better
- Mounts easily on 2 inch / 5cm stainless tubing
- Wide enough sensor coverage so the light will come on if you step anywhere on the stern. But not so sensitive that waves trigger it.
- 24v as I have that wiring in place, already. Solar would be ok, too.
- Only comes on if it detects motion at night.

Anyone find/install anything that meets these requirements?

Thanks!

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69