Re: SIMPSON SERIES 8 DAVITS - electric shock

Experts will say that 24 volts will not shock you. I have dealt with 24VDC and never felt a thing.

I suspect that you have a 220VAC device that has an internal fault delivering 220VAC to the 220 Earth which is connected to Bonding. The Simpson davits are also connected to Bonding.

I also suspect it is either an Inverter that was connected wrong, a device connected wrong to the inverter power, or a device or wiring failure.

You should be very careful.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021, 4:17 PM Stefan Schaufert <mail@...> wrote:
Dear Amelians,
from time to time we get an electrical shock (for free ;-) when using the switches to lower or raise the dinghy AND have contact to the davids or wires.
Today I checked the units/ electric engines and wiring, but everything looks fine. No broken cables, no failure.
What can be the reason for the electric shocks from your point of experiences?
Thanks a lot for you appreciated ideas.

Best regards

Stefan
A54 #119 Lady Charlyette, currently Exumas