Re: asymmetrical spinnaker

Alex Comer-Crook

Alan I would like to see some pictures as well please - especially how you connected the furler at the top of the mast if you have that?

This is interesting to me as I have looked into doing this previously (not on an Amel) and was told by a rigger that I would need to add a crane due to the masthead rig setup and then it would only handle a furling asymmetrical - not a code zero due to the additional loads and potential of getting it caught on the forestay during furling. This was on a Selden mast and the crane part (https://support.seldenmast.com/files/1498459501/597-207-E.pdf) seems to confirm this as it specifically states "Only for use with gennakers, not Code 0 sails".

Thanks,
Alex