Re: Insurance

Mark Erdos

Thanks Miles. Good to know.

It doesn’t surprise me that it is less than the Jackline policy. I recently shopped insurance and found Jackline to be the absolute highest rates. They were about 30% higher from the next highest quote. Also, they required a full out of water survey (not an evaluation survey) and complete rigging inspection adding substantially to the initial cost of the policy. Also, the policy was due 100% up front and 70% of it was non-refundable.

I remained with Topsail. I was with Y-Yacht that merged with Topsail last year. As an OCC member, I get a 10% discount on the premium as Topsail is the preferred agency for the OCC group.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us