Ian & Margaret
Loca Lola II
SM153

On Mar 31, 2021, at 10:35 AM, Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32@...> wrote:

Bill, I don't have the V notch plug , maybe that plug is a larger diameter ,which explains the oversized O ring. I have had little to no seepage of oil and I put a little grease on the o-ring,so should be fine.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
From: CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Mar 31, 2021 10:00 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] C-Drive drain plug

Pat, yes, but in my experience, 100% of the sealing is done by the O Ring. I believe that whether or not you need a washer depends on the vertical alignment of the V notch bolt.

<image.png>

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 7:36 AM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I ordered a bunch of parts from Maude ,including an O ring for the C-Drive drain plug. It came in a pouch with a crush washer ,the O ring was to large for some reason ,but my question is. Is there supposed to be a crush washer on the drain plug? There never has been since I bought the boat.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans
<image.png>