Re: A54 Main Sail furling foil weak point

Martin,

Many people never recognize the extra strain on the furling motor caused directly or indirectly by the battens. In my experience, the issue at the collar of the foil is almost always caused by the battens. It can be mitigated by carefully and properly furling the sail. However, when sudden weather conditions occur, the same careful and proper furling is usually "gone with the wind."

I am a believer in preparing a cruising boat to mitigate the problems with sudden and unplanned conditions, especially when those conditions might occur 1000 miles from shore.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 4:32 AM Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:
That's very helpful Arno. Thank you.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 6:19 PM Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
Hi Scott,

I made a quick sketch with all information required.

Regards,

Arno

--
Scott