Re: Jordan series drogue.

eric freedman

Hi,

I do not know how the cleats on your Amel are configured.

However, on the Amel Super Maramu the bridle of the drogue must go between the

the backstays. If you run them outside you will rip out the SSB antenna.

When the bridle is inside the backstays you cannot tighten one to change the direction of the boat

This  will deform the backstay. We just live with however the boat sits to the sea. We also add chafe gear to the bridle where it is near the backstays. We monitor the chafe gear every hour.

It is a bad idea to connect the bridle to the winches. They are not made to take a shock load and might be ripped out of the coaming. (That was a quote from Mr. Jordan)

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376