Re: Jordan series drogue.

eric freedman

Hi,

I do not know how the cleats on your Amel are configured.

However, on the Amel Super Maramu the bridle of the drogue must go between the

the backstays. If you run them outside you will rip out the SSB antenna.

When the bridle is inside the backstays you cannot tighten one to change the direction of the boat

This  will deform the backstay. We just live with however the boat sits to the sea. We also add chafe gear to the bridle where it is near the backstays. We monitor the chafe gear every hour.

It is a bad idea to connect the bridle to the winches. They are not made to take a shock load and might be ripped out of the coaming. (That was a quote from Mr. Jordan)

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Porter McRoberts via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2021 6:27 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Jordan series drogue.

I also know you reinforced your rear cleats too. I don’t think we will do that. So considering a yoke between two either two cleats on each side or a cleat and the main winch for possible steering. Any thoughts on that?  Negatives or positives?  Who has thought this through and has a solution other than reinforcement of the rear cleat?  Or is that the only safe method?  

Many thanks

Porter McRoberts 

S/V IBIS A54-152

WhatsApp:+1 754 265 2206

On Apr 1, 2021, at 12:23 PM, Porter McRoberts <portermcroberts@...> wrote:

Just saw that article from the OCC too. 

It is because if your experience and article Eric that we carry one. Thank you. 

Porter McRoberts 

S/V IBIS A54-152 Moorea

WhatsApp:+1 754 265 2206

On Apr 1, 2021, at 10:51 AM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Some of you might know of my experiences with the Jordan Series Drogue.

It is a lifesaver and I thought you would find the article interesting.

I do not leave without it.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

https://liveicomgrshot.blob.core.windows.net/occfiles/Uploadedpdfs/20210328_JORDON%20SERIES%20DROGUE%20Best%20Practices%202.0.pdf

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.