Re: Another secret question...

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Sad fact. Tell one person a secret and it isn't secret any more

Danny

SM 200

99 Ocean Pearl

On 04 April 2021 at 20:33 Mark Pitt <mark_pitt@...> wrote:

Please let me know too.

  Mark Pitt, Sabbatical III, SM#419
  Mark_Pitt@...

On 4/1/2021 11:35 PM, Ann-Sofie wrote:
I thought that we after 15 years owner ship, knew all places on our SM, but obviously not. Or we know of the place but don’t consider it as a secret spot.

Some places are super to stove away things in. It can take years before you find the stuff again.

But as I am a curious person, can someone e-mail me about this secret place?

Regards
SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

01/04/2021 kl. 21:15 skrev Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer <ulrich.dangelmeyer@...>:

Hi Stephan,
Sorry for interrupting at the rudder packing again….

then you put a lot of brain and craft into finding so many hiding places. Hats off!
It's like Easter here in Germany: you hide chocolate eggs in the garden, then the children can look for them and eat them.
Can you share your recommendations with us here in the forum? We do not want to trade drugs, weapons or ammunition. But we don't want to leave a good watch or iPad lying around on the NavTable either.
Thanks for your support. Or do any other members here on the forum have any other tips?

THX and best wishes. stay safe and Happy Easter.

Ulrich
„Soleil Bleu“ A54#088
<>

Am 01.04.2021 um 20:44 schrieb Stephan Regulinski via groups.io < stephreg@...>:

I should be working on the rudder packing gland . . . but . . .

Instead, I made a list of over two dozen places to hide objects which could then only be found by a dog or an experienced Amel owner, but can be retrieved by the person who knows where to look in under a minute.

My list doesn’t include hiding things in plane sight, like slipping an iPad between books on a shelf, or putting spare cash in the trash can under the plastic liner.

I am with Mark on the question of theft. Thieves want an easy kill, so leave a couple of twenties on the chart table, and stow the “valuables” out of sight. The thief will have more cash in pocket than he’ll get from pawning your used stuff, and you’ll be spared the much greater expense of replacing it (think: cell phone, iPad, binoculars, or VHF radio).

Just a thought . . . Now everyone back to work . . . And would someone please look at my questions on the rudder packing gland?

Thanks,

Stephan G. Regulinski
S/V Hanalei SM266