Fuel Bladders

Mark Erdos

I ask this more out of curiosity than anything else. What are people opinions of fuel bladders for excess diesel on longer passages?

I have seen some conversations where owners have bladders atop the aft cabin and lashed to the hand rails. To me, this seems like it would be a lot of weight in the wrong place. How does the fuel not cause a greater angle of heel and, the bigger question,  are the hand-hold railings strong enough to hold the weight of potentially shifting diesel (0.832kg/litre)?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us