Re: Change of black water valve Amel 54

Arno Luijten

Hi Alain,

Yes I do. Not a plesant memory I can say. You will need to find a tool (pliers/spanner) that can give you some leverage to turn the old valve off. I removed the lever first to use the remaining stub to get some grip on the old valve. Long arms are very welcome. And you will get bruises that are somewhat painfull.
I used Locktite Thread sealant to mount the new one. The tread is a straight thread. Try to get a bronze valve if you can. That can be very hard as not many shops sell them.

Just expect a struggle getting the old one off. You may be lucky and get it off more easy then I did. Do not forget to clean the threads with a wire-brush before putting on the new one.

Good luck!

Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,
A54-121