Re: Volvo penta D3 110 I-D

Scott SV Tengah

I had the exact same problem on our 2900nm passage from Hawaii to Tahiti. Imagine being in the doldrums and being afraid your engine is going to die!

https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/topic/77988991

The Volvo replacement switch is around 60 euros and since it's not sealed, will fail again. I plan to use a spade connector and stuff it with silicone grease. The emergency stop switch on my D3-110C is kind of in the path of the intake fan airflow. Not a great design.

I suggest all D3 owners check their emergency stop switch. Mine has been intermittent for 3 years.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69