Re: Sea Chest

Mark,

That brass one-valve was not original.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021, 10:48 PM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

I have a one-way flap valve between the manifold and the sea-chest/strainer. It is not possible for water to easily flow backward toward the sea-chest even if the engine or genset pulls water faster than the strainer can provide (if dirty). This ensures my pumps for AC, water makers and heads remain primed and I get no air in the sea-chest. The original was brass and I upgraded to stainless when I rebuilt the manifold.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us