Re: White plastic "tube" standing rigging protection?

Ralph Heilig

Hi guys, the plastic tubes were standard installed by AMEL factory when I bought my AMEL 54 #144 in 2010. They fell apart slowly after a couple of years due to intensive UV. When I was at AMEL yard in the Med for some refitting three years ago, I also asked to refit the damaged plastik tubes. Instead to refit the damged ones, they recommended to remove all of the plastic tubes since they just might produce rust. Now I have no more plastic tubes....