Re: White plastic "tube" standing rigging protection?

I recommend removing the white plastic wire covers. I also recommend not sailing with flogging sails.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 1:24 AM Ralph Heilig <ralph.heilig@...> wrote:
Hi guys, the plastic tubes were standard installed by AMEL factory when I bought my AMEL 54 #144 in 2010. They fell apart slowly after a couple of years due to intensive UV. When I was at AMEL yard in the Med for some refitting three years ago, I also asked to refit the damaged plastik tubes. Instead to refit the damged ones, they recommended to remove all of the plastic tubes since they just might produce rust. Now I have no more plastic tubes....