Re: White plastic "tube" standing rigging protection?

Steve,

In my experience, it depends on how tight the plastic is to the wire and how well you rinse the wire inside the plastic. Also sometimes dust will accumulate between the wire and the plastic and that dust will hold moisture. Some areas of the world are kinder to rigging wire covered in plastic and some owners rinse the wire better than others.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 12:26 PM Steve Hoefel <shoefel48@...> wrote:
Not withstanding all the recommendations to remove the covering, I had the plastic covering on the rigging when I purchased Maramu #25 (1978) in 2002.  Minimal evident of UV erosion or rusting on the covered rigging, knock on wood.

Steve Hoefel
SV Trident Star
Maramu #25