Re: Recommendations for a Med Refit for Amel Maramu

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

Hi Steve,

You may want to consider Turkey for having the majority (if not all of this work done)

Q Sails in Izmir can advise and provide new sails as they have already for many Amels. They can also arrange order, delivery to Turkey and fitting of new standing rigging from ACMO in France.

Emek Marin in Gocek, have built about 80 stainless steel solar arches and Davits and can fit them along with solar panels and MPPT.

I cannot recommend anyone at this stage for engine repower.

Kind regards
Ross Hickey
SV INTREPID KIWI
SM2K #356
Currently Finike, Turkey

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Sunday, April 11, 2021, 8:17 pm, Steve Hoefel <shoefel48@...> wrote:

Amelians,
   For the past 19 years it has been my honor to care for a true Amel classic, Maramu #25.  She is as SV Trident Star alive and well sailing Mediterranean waters.  Over those years I have looked forward to each and every posting in this owners group.  Anticipating a near term refit I turn to this brain trust for recommendations for a serious refit location.  I am looking to update the standing rigging, adding a stainless arch and davits, a possible repower, and upgrading the sail plan.  La Rochelle seems an obvious choice, but my sailing grounds are more focused on the eastern end of the Med, so looking for other options.  Looking for someone and somewhere I can be part of the process.  TIA.

Steve Hoefel
sv Trident Star
Maramu #25