Re: tb/AMEL 54 electric water pump/

I believe that Amel changed nothing, except they offered to a few 54 buyers an in-line booster pump powered by the AC output of the Onan.

I suspect Amel was motivated by X number of buyers of the 54 including the previous owner of your 54. The PO of your 54 took things a step further and bypassed the mechanical Onan saltwater pump. I am sure that this is not what Amel intended when adding a booster pump. Frankly, I am surprised that Amel added a booster pump because I believe it was not needed.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 2:40 PM Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thanks for feedback.

Just out of curiosity: what would motivate AMEL to change the ONAN impeller pump to the (ceramic centrifugal) booster pump? I am not questioning wisdom and must admit that except 1 occasion I never had a problem with this pump and NEVER had to change the impeller as it simply isn’t there. Although the impeller on the ONAN is far more accessible than on my VOLVO D3 H – where it is on the back of the engine close to the shower bulkhead.

Best Regards Teun

April 13, 2021 12:37:59