Re: Boom Outhaul

Ian Park

Agree with Danny! I had the boom outhaul and the Genoa motor stick when out in Antigua. Usually a couple of taps on the motor with a rubber mallet would get them working again. But removing the brush covers on the motors revealed a lot of carbon dust (don't let this get left on your deck!). Also releasing the spring and a light rub with fine wet and dry paper on the sides of the brushes ensured they moved easily in their cages. Problem solved.I
A tip I copied - tie an old umbrella upside down from your pulpit when working on the genoa motor. It makes a great catch- all!

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96 UK(Wales)