Re: New LiFePO4 Batteries for Aquarius

Dan Carlson

A couple points regarding the starter battery:
1) Ken - could you post some pictures of you starter battery install in the engine room?
2) Regarding starter battery failure - we have a 12v battery charger, so unless you have a catastrophic failure (internal short), you will often have signs that it is weakening. Our first sign was difficulty starting the genset, but the battery charger then gave it a sufficient boost to get through the genset starting sequence until we could purchase a replacement.

Regards, Daniel and Lori Carlson on sv BeBe, SM #387

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021, 10:07 AM Jason Rutledge <jasonrutledge1@...> wrote:
I got the same pricing from them.  Shipping to Texas was $1147
Shipping to Puerto Rico is $213 but I have to pick it up at the port so more costs added at that time for importing it.
Here is more information I got from them.  Specs sheet, Pictures of the internal construction and the individual cell they use....
--
Jason Rutledge
SV Liahona