Re: tb/AMEL 54 electric water pump/

Randall Walker

The best swap video I have seen is this one.

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 2:33 PM Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:

Morning Arno,

As we have discussed “ad nausea” – I tend to agree; my impeller is completely removed.

I have asked specific questions to AMEL on this and expect an answer next week and might share the feedback

Have a great weekend in HOLLAND and have some “patat met” or “sateh” on me 😊 and HI to Mirjam; only reason I put up with your    <Annoying mode ON>   and   <Annoying mode OFF>  is her; she is way, way too good for you 😊 hahahahahaha.       

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

In Storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

April 16, 2021 11:31:37

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

You can follow AMELIT via this link: https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/AMELIT

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arno Luijten via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 00:08
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] tb/AMEL 54 electric water pump/

Hi Teun,

We’ve talked about this before. I just don’t get it. What is the added value of this setup? Why is the existing impeller pump not sufficient for feeding cooling water? 95% of the Amels (I’m guessing) has this set up and seem to be fine with it. Unless you remove the impeller pump completely, it will still be a source of (shaft) leakage at some point. The only thing I can imagine is if you use the genset frequently at continuous high loads you may want to improve the flow. In all honesty I would then enlarge the heat exchanger as the mickey-mouse version that is standard part of the genset seems to leave quite some room for improvement.
Adding another pump seems just to complicate things.

Just my two cents,

Arno
SV Luna
A54-121 

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.