Re: tb/AMEL 54 electric water pump/

Arno Luijten

Nice video. However.... It passes very quickly over the main problem of this setup. The Marco pump is not self priming. He puts a non-return valve in the circuit that typically work quite poorly for raw sea-water. The system does not notify you if the waterflow needs priming so that can be quite annoying as well.
I’m not sure how long a normal impeller will last but if it lasts a boating season or an oil-replacement interval I don’t see the advantage of this solution. A spare impeller is cheaper then a spare pump and even the Sharewood raw water pump is not that expensive to keep as a spare.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121