From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Thomas Kleman
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2021 4:27 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Rudder Stuffing Box Packing Material

I think when you have a problem with the stuffing box, it is less likely to be the nut than the box itself. The spares you need are the packing material and this: take a stuffing box nut, wrap the threads in teflon tape, immerse it up to the top of the threads in a resin/hardener mix in a circular mold with the nut hole sealed, and voila- you have a 20 mm stuffing box penthouse to attach to the top of your stripped old stuffing box. Holds 5 rings of material and can be installed in the water (just don't take that last ring out). Three screws and 5200 work well to attach; just let it set before pounding down the material.