Re: 5 piece stuffing box

Giovanni TESTA

Mark,
many thanks, may I have a pic ? I have some problems to find the same here...
For C-Drive is very important to have the right dimensions.
Giovanni Testa
sv EUTIKIA  SM 428

Il 19/04/2021 12:52, Mark McGovern ha scritto:
Giovanni,

I just repacked my rudder stuffing box and found that the same piece of PVC pipe that I use to seat the C-Drive seals works well to help seat the packing material in the stuffing box.  I also used a 1/4" (6mm) piece of hardwood to seat the packing.

In the USA a piece of nominal 2" Schedule 40 PVC pipe about 10 inches (~250mm)long works well.  The dimensions of 2" Schedule 40 PVC are as follows:

OD:  2.375 inch/60.3mm
ID:  2.047 inch/52mm
Wall Thickness: 0.154 inch/3.9mm
Length: 10 inch/250mm