Simpson Davits Maintenance

Denis Foster

Hello,

For those having experience servicing  Simpson Davits:

Checking all systems after dewinterizing, I lowered the weights of our dyneema manual Simpson davits. When lowering with just the weights and no down oriented force I notice that the dyneema has a tendency to be a little slow and stops from time to time. I pull the little  slack by hand and all works well. Lifting the tender seems yo work ok.

May be this is a signal that some maintenance could be a good idea. Has someone advice and or documentation. Do some sheaves need oiling or greasing. But I wouldn’t like to put grease on the wrong item (brakes?). Can you access this by removing the rear panels.

Best regards.

Denis