Re: problems Engine #alignment

Michael,

Once aligned with the fixed coupling (tool), the engine slides aft on the mounts, the tool is removed and then the engine is slid back in place. Until you have done it, it may be hard to understand.
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 12:07 AM michael winand via groups.io <mfw642000=yahoo.com.au@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Dave,  Do you have experience working with the alignment tool?
I am interested in knowing how you can remove the tool once the engine is in alignment?
Can you please explain how long the vetas coupling rubbers should last?
Regards Michael Nebo sm251

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 at 2:22 pm, Davi Rozgonyi
I don't know the specific answer but I will say this: there are many otherwise fine mechanics who will insist they can bust that engine back on with their feeler gauges and holy water.... DON'T LET THEM DO IT WITHOUT THE TOOL. It can be fabbed up in 30 minutes at any machine shop. Without it you will chew up vetus couplings like tenderloin steak.