Re: Insurance

Courtney:https://netherlands.co.gd

From their website: "Netherlands Insurance Co. (W.I.) Limited is a general insurance company registered to conduct insurance business in Grenada and Antigua. Originally established in August 1992
 as a subsidiary of a Dutch insurance company, the company has since become wholly independent."

I wonder why they want to hold on to their original connection with Holland after they "became wholly independent?"

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 3:51 PM Courtney Gorman via groups.io <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill can you please share their contact information

On Apr 22, 2021, at 10:22 PM, william reynolds <sail23692@...> wrote:

We reinsured  last year with Netherlands Insurance, based in Grenada with offices in Holland. NO underwriters. They are the carriers, insurers and underwriters.
They have insured large international commercial vessels for many years and have only recently offered policies to recreational vessels. They have no history with hurricane losses.We visited their offices on Well St. in Grenada and we were impressed with the professionalism of the company.  The rates  are a bit higher but  the coverage is excellent with 2  million liability, 10% of insured value for personal effects and no exclusion for lightning strikes. The deductible is fixed at 2% and 4% (yes that's 4%) for named storms. Navigational limits are worldwide!
It's well worth looking into.
Bill Reynolds
Cloudstreet SM2K 331.