Re: Insurance

Teun BAAS

Bill,

I wonder why they want to hold on to their original connection with Holland after they "became wholly independent?"

Simple – see attached.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

In Storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

April 23, 2021 15:01:52

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

 as a subsidiary of a Dutch insurance company, the company has since become wholly independent."

I wonder why they want to hold on to their original connection with Holland after they "became wholly independent?"

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 3:51 PM Courtney Gorman via groups.io <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Bill can you please share their contact information

On Apr 22, 2021, at 10:22 PM, william reynolds <sail23692@...> wrote:

We reinsured  last year with Netherlands Insurance, based in Grenada with offices in Holland. NO underwriters. They are the carriers, insurers and underwriters.

They have insured large international commercial vessels for many years and have only recently offered policies to recreational vessels. They have no history with hurricane losses.We visited their offices on Well St. in Grenada and we were impressed with the professionalism of the company.  The rates  are a bit higher but  the coverage is excellent with 2  million liability, 10% of insured value for personal effects and no exclusion for lightning strikes. The deductible is fixed at 2% and 4% (yes that's 4%) for named storms. Navigational limits are worldwide!

It's well worth looking into.

Bill Reynolds

Cloudstreet SM2K 331.