Re: Insurance

Mark Erdos

I’m glad I’m not the only person who thought this might be a little bit fishy. I tried to find out info on the company but other than their webpage, it is like they don’t exist. Because they underwrite their own policies, there are no AM Best or Standard & Poor's ratings to understand how financially sound the company actually is. I too was also perplexed they do not name the London based re-insurer. For all we know it could be Joe’s Fish ‘n Chip Shoppe.

I still run into the occasional FaceBook post or cruiser who is highly recommending Edward Williams Marine Insurance because they have a cheap policy with no limits and low deductibles. One quick Google search is all it takes to reveal they are a know scam and for some reason still in existence. But, they have a great webpage.

I hope for Bill Reynolds’s case Netherland is sound. I wonder Bill if you can share more info about them. It would be great to find a place who can help the dilemma many are facing trying to get a policy. Sorry to be so skeptical, Bill.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us