Re: Insurance

Mark Erdos

I’m glad I’m not the only person who thought this might be a little bit fishy. I tried to find out info on the company but other than their webpage, it is like they don’t exist. Because they underwrite their own policies, there are no AM Best or Standard & Poor's ratings to understand how financially sound the company actually is. I too was also perplexed they do not name the London based re-insurer. For all we know it could be Joe’s Fish ‘n Chip Shoppe.

I still run into the occasional FaceBook post or cruiser who is highly recommending Edward Williams Marine Insurance because they have a cheap policy with no limits and low deductibles. One quick Google search is all it takes to reveal they are a know scam and for some reason still in existence. But, they have a great webpage.

I hope for Bill Reynolds’s case Netherland is sound. I wonder Bill if you can share more info about them. It would be great to find a place who can help the dilemma many are facing trying to get a policy. Sorry to be so skeptical, Bill.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Teun BAAS
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 12:03 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Insurance

Bill,

I wonder why they want to hold on to their original connection with Holland after they "became wholly independent?"

Simple – see attached.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

In Storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

April 23, 2021 15:01:52

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

You can follow AMELIT via this link: https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/AMELIT

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse via groups.io
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2021 14:54
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Insurance

Courtney:https://netherlands.co.gd

From their website: "Netherlands Insurance Co. (W.I.) Limited is a general insurance company registered to conduct insurance business in Grenada and Antigua. Originally established in August 1992
 as a subsidiary of a Dutch insurance company, the company has since become wholly independent."

I wonder why they want to hold on to their original connection with Holland after they "became wholly independent?"

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 3:51 PM Courtney Gorman via groups.io <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Bill can you please share their contact information 

On Apr 22, 2021, at 10:22 PM, william reynolds <sail23692@...> wrote:

We reinsured  last year with Netherlands Insurance, based in Grenada with offices in Holland. NO underwriters. They are the carriers, insurers and underwriters.

They have insured large international commercial vessels for many years and have only recently offered policies to recreational vessels. They have no history with hurricane losses.We visited their offices on Well St. in Grenada and we were impressed with the professionalism of the company.  The rates  are a bit higher but  the coverage is excellent with 2  million liability, 10% of insured value for personal effects and no exclusion for lightning strikes. The deductible is fixed at 2% and 4% (yes that's 4%) for named storms. Navigational limits are worldwide!  

It's well worth looking into.

Bill Reynolds

Cloudstreet SM2K 331.

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.