Re: Volvo D3

Arno Luijten

For current D3 owners: The MAP / boost pressure sensor that is in the after cooler is easy to find. The first thing you shouldn't do is ask your Volvo Penta dealer, unless you like overpaying for that green paint. As some mentioned, this is the same engine in many Volvo cars, therefore the sensor is the same Bosch sensor, verified by the actual part number on the actual part. I paid $25 USD for mine vs. the $180 that the VP dealer wanted. You can pick it up at any auto parts store. It's made by Bosch, so I wouldn't even go to a Volvo car dealer as I'm sure they mark it up, too. I have used our replacement for a few hundred hours now with no problems. At that price, get a few of them.https://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/31355463-MFG14.aspxFurther, you can read many of the error codes using a procedure outlined by the Electrical section of the Shop Manual, posted elsewhere on this forum. No need for VODIA. That's how we, at anchor, determined the problem was the boost pressure sensor.
Hi Scott,

Thanks for that link, I’m going to order a few.

Cheers,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121