Re: Mastervolt Alpha High-Output Alternator Temperature when charging LiFePO4

Dean Gillies

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 12:36 AM, Arno Luijten wrote:
I've seen publications where they do advise to put a sensor on the alternator.

Arno, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Do you recall where you read such advice? I'd like to understand more.

I have an Alpha Pro regulator, and if I don't need to change it to a Pro II/III, then I won't. Tho Pro can be adjusted manually to provide a Lithium compatible charge profile, and I have no other need to set up any Masterbus infrastructure in my new system.

I'm going down the Victron path, and if I REALLY must change my regulator, then I am more interested in a CAN-Bus device like the WakeSpeed product ... but that's whole new can of worms ­čĄö
My hope is to stick with the original regulator and keep the lid firmly on the worm-can.  Potential for alternator overheating is the one issue I want to understand more about.

Best regards
Dean
SV Stella A54-154