Re: Passageway berth wall fabric cleaning advice

John Clark

Hi Paul,
  a few years ago we sailed north and had same issue.  Cold weather makes a perfect incubator inside a warm boat.  For routine cleaning I too use a vinegar-alcohol solution but for tough mildew like this I recommend a product called X-14.  It has some kind of chlorine (not bleach) ingredient which wipes out the mildew.  Spray it on, let it sit for a minute or two, then wipe off.    I have used it on the vinyl fabric inside, leather and vinyl seats outside and on fiberglass with no trouble.  Other surfaces I cannot attest to.

Regards,  John Clark

Annie   SM #37
St Thomas, USVI

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 6:14 PM Paul Guenette via groups.io <paulguenette=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for some advice on cleaning the fabric on the wall of the passage way berth.

I spent this past winter in the Pacific North West. While in Comox BC Canada I have been using a dehumidifier and also using the exhaust fan while using the propane stove to help reduce moisture in the boat.  Over the course of the last six months the fabric on the walls of the passageway berth has started to get a little discolored in some spots. Attached are a couple of photos.

I am wondering what products and methods of cleaning others have used on this fabric.

I appreciate your advice and feed back.

Thank you, Paul
Aramis  SM-2K  444
Comox, BC, Canada