Re: Mastervolt Alpha High-Output Alternator Temperature when charging LiFePO4

Dean Gillies

Hi Arno,
I don't believe that is my alternator that your manual is referencing. My alternator is not the "Compact" version, its the "High Output" version.
I have attached the manual, and I have the 110A variant.

Section 4.3 discusses the temperature issue, and recommends a temperature sensor for "Non-Mastervolt Alternators", and specifically says this:  "The Mastervolt high power output alternators do not need this alternator temperature sensor since they are designed to charge cyclic used batteries".

Mastervolt seem to have confidence in these High Output Alternators... maybe I should too ??

Best regards
Dean
SV Stella A54-154