Re: Mastervolt Alpha High-Output Alternator Temperature when charging LiFePO4

Dean Gillies

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 08:33 PM, Scott SV Tengah wrote:
I've had it run at full output from 30% SOC, so that's around 4 hours at full "realistic" output.
Hi Scott,
That's about the highest load scenario I'm contemplating. That gives me confidence.

I hear you re managing the charging sources. My system design includes a "charge enable" signal from the BMS which is only active when the BMS is completely happy for the batteries to be charged. BMS fault conditions requiring charging to cease, including an "almost-full" battery, disable the alternator as well as managing the Smart Solar MPPT, Multi-Plus 3000 and Mastervolt 100/40 chargers. The wonders of Multi-Plus, CAN-Bus and the Victron Cerbo GX!

Best regards
Dean
SV Stella A54-154