Re: Motor for raising and lowering thruster

Kaplan,Andre

Thank you,
 Doug
One of my problems is that my bow thruster is a 12 volt system... based on your experience I will try to have it refurbished.
Andre
Renaissance 2000
Mango 7188
Westbrook, CT

On Apr 29, 2021, at 11:19 AM, Doug Smith via groups.io <dugsmith98@...> wrote:

*** Attention: This is an external email. Use caution responding, opening attachments or clicking on links. ***

Andre,

My bow thruster on the 54, failed on the lifting motor.  I went through an extensive search for the lifting motor for the bow thruster motor on my 54. Amel was only able to source the entire linear actuator, which was going to be about $1400 USD. I then reached out to the motor manufacturer, and was referred to the SNT group Bill is referring to and listed on the motor itself.  I emailed snt.contact@... like the motor says to get a replacement, and they referred me to larochelle@.... I was never able to get a response from them. I was able to download the actuator specs for my linear actuator, the ACLE 108.  Different from yours, but when you identify which yours is, it should be listed with the specs in the attached PDF.

Mine showed the lifting RPMs, (3000), nominal torque, 0.22 Nm, (1.95 in-lbs); Max torque – 1.1 Nm (9.75 in-lbs). Shaft diameter is also on the drawing.  Then I went on eBay and there was an abundance of different 24 VDC motors to choose from that make that type of motor. The real challenge will be to find one with the mounting holes that are aligned similarly to your specific thruster lift cylinder.

At the end of the day, I ended up taking mine apart, cleaning the internal commutator, and brushes, and was able to get it working again.  If you haven’t tried that, it was a pretty easy disassembly.

Doug Smith

S/V Aventura, Amel 54-113

White Point, VA USA

From: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
Date: Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:39 AM
To: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification" <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Motor for raising and lowering thruster

I am not sure if the Actuator in the Mago is the same as the SM which is 24 volts, but this info may help you. The SM actuator is Model Number: ACLE105 and made by:

SNT
2 rue Marcel DASSAULT
ZI de la Croix St Nicolas
94510 La queue en brie, France
Email: snt.contact@... or
secretariat@...
https://www.snt.tm.fr/fr

<image001.png>

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 1:08 AM Kaplan,Andre <kaplan@...> wrote:

To all,

I have a 1989 Mango and the motor that raises and lowers thruster propeller appears to be dead. Does anyone know where to source such a motor?

Andre Kaplan

Renaissance 2000

Mango 71 88

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Paul Stascavage via groups.io" <pstas2003=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: April 27, 2021 at 11:15:57 PM EDT
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Passageway berth wall fabric cleaning advice

*** Attention: This is an external email. Use caution responding, opening attachments or clicking on links. ***

Paul,

We spent much of this past winter in cold weather climates and that area was one of the first we noticed the mold stains.  We tried vinegar as well as many other products, but the only one that worked for us on that material, in a timely fashion, was Tilex (which contains a significant amount of bleach).  Spray it on with a good deal of ventilation and wait a few hours.  Dry the area with a fan to get rid of the bleach odors.  Repeat if necessary. That material is colorfast but the bleach will lighten the color a bit as it bleaches out old dirt and grime.  We had to treat the entire area to end up with a uniformly clean surface.

Something else that we found that works on fabric and carpet (but takes a good deal of time) is what piratical sailor (https://www.practical-sailor.com/boat-maintenance/fighting-mildew-mold-and-lichen) calls formula b:

2 tablespoons of baking soda
2 tablespoons of borax
1 tablespoon of trisodiumphosphate (TSP)

Mix in 1 quart of warm water with stirring.

What  worked for us on fabric and carpet is to spray the area with the formula b and let sit for a few days.  Come back with vinegar and a brush.  Repeat until the stains are completely gone, which could be 3 or 4 applications.

If you spent a good deal of time under those conditions, I suggest looking around the boat for other potentially impacted areas.

Cabinets, lockers, closets, under berths, etc. Any areas close to the hull is where there would have been excessive condensation and possibly a problem.

We just completed an extensive cleaning of the boat from stem to stern.  Feel free to email me (paul dot stascavage at icloud dot com) if you find your problem is more extensive than you thought and I will share what I have learned.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Exploring Brunswick, GA

www.RitaKathryn.com

<ACLE à vis Trapézoïdale.pdf>
<Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.10.28 AM.png>
<image001.png>