Re: Furuno GP 150 - no Lat/Lon to VHF

Wolfgang,

I assume that you do not have GPS SOG but probably have SOW (Boat Speed as reported through the B&G Hydra.

It sounds like the likely cause is the Furuno GP-150 which is no longer made. I did a quick search for a used one and did not find one. I think the best thing for you to do is get a Furuno technician onboard. I do not have a recommendation, but with a search on Google and on Furuno Dealer Search (https://www.furunousa.com/en/company/find_a_dealer) I see there are many.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 6:47 PM Wolfgang Weber <weberamel54@...> wrote:
Hello to the group,
2. problem : Starting my Nav-electronics :  Furuno GP 150 ( no failure),  Autopilot   ( later - no speed data), Navnet 3 D ( shows Lat/Lon and  plotter working; Radar ? overlay not working), VHF and SSB ( no Lat/Lon).
Stephane G. from Pochon /La Rochell was very helpful and send a wiring schema and  his suggestion was that GP 150 NEMA output of GPS (LAT/Lon) did not work and that Navnet 3 D received Lat/lon from  FA-50 AIS.
Question : Hardwarefailure ? change GP-150 ?
Any recommendation for  electronic/Furuno in Fort Lauderdale ?
Thankyou very much!
Wolfgang SY Elise Amel 54 #162