Draining Fuel tank

Patrick McAneny

I only have about 30 gallons of fuel in my tank and I want to drain it. My boat is on the hard ,so I placed a five foot length of 1/2" cpvc tube into the tank and attached a 25' length of 1/2"OD plastic hose , I drop that over the side hoping I could siphon the fuel out. I attached the hose to a shop vac , sealing the connection with tape and yet it did not produce enough suction to pull the fuel up out of the tank by more than two feet ,about to the height of the cockpit seat. I was surprised by that ,it is a big vac ,with a lot of suction. Does anyone have a suggestion on how or what to use to suck the fuel up and out of the tank.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans